OSLA Membership Subscription Benefits
The Oregon State Literacy Association, previously known as Oregon Reading Association, is an affiliate of the International Literacy Association and a professional organization dedicated to people who are interested in all forms of literacy and the promotion of lifetime literacy.
Professional Membership: teachers, literacy coaches, principals, educators, retirees, administrators, college of education faculty
Student Membership: undergraduate and graduate college students
Local Councils that support literacy in their communities
- Capitol Reading Council - serving Marion and Polk counties
- Driftwood Reading Council – serving Coos and Curry counties
- Lane County Literacy Council – serving Lane county
- Mid-Valley Literacy Chapter – serving Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties
- Mountain Valleys Reading Council – serving Wallowa, Union, and Baker counties
- Portland Reading Council – serving Clackamas and Multnomah counties and part of Washington county (Beaverton, Sherwood, and Tigard-Tualatin)
- Rogue ValleyLiteracy Council – serving Jackson, Josephine, and Klamath counties
- Three Sisters Literacy Association – serving Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson counties
- Umpqua Literacy Council – serving Douglas county
- Vineyard Valley Literacy Council – serving Yamhill county and part of Washington county (Banks, Forest Grove, Gaston, and Hillsboro)
- Members-At-Large – educators in other areas
- Teachers As Readers Book Groups - Local council sponsored book clubs that focus on literacy topics
- Literacy Grants – OSLA provides grants for classroom literacy projects
- Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Picture Book Award –Students vote for their favorite title from five nominees. Book sets available through local councils to loan to members.
- The Oracle Newsletter – Online publication featuring articles on literacy topics and information on state and local council activities.
- Lending Library – Access to current professional books and DVD’s focused on literacy
- Conferences – Reduced registration fees on professional learning events featuring national literacy experts, authors, and small group presentations offering practical classroom strategies
- Networking - Opportunities to network with other literacy professionals
- Literacy Blasts - bimonthly e-mail blast containing opportunities for professional development or community service
- Literacy Community Service - Opportunities to support and participate in literacy community service projects
Growing Literacy in Oregon
Click the OSLA Membership Subscription below. Click on the arrow on the top right to open the form in a new screen.
Printable Membership Subscription Form
Please make sure the pop-up blockers are off.